We plan regular cross cultural trips. Our primary purpose is to learn about the needs of the world and gain a broader understanding of the Christian faith in other cultural contexts. Going is not about giving, it is about learning, seeing and hearing what God is doing in the wider world. It is about seeing first hand, the desires, needs and understanding the life experience of our partners. It provides opportunities to identify how we can more effectively support and partner with others.
We have supported people to go to
- Brazil – we visited our partners and local churches in Brazil
- Fiji – the team ran a programme at the Coral Coast Christian Camp and has worked with Island Encounters near Nadi several times.
- Vanuatu (several youth teams) – we have built two 7,000 litre fresh water tanks in local villages
- Asia (several trips) – we have visited our partners including in both rural villages and the hard places of some cities.
- Thailand – with Partners Development and Relief.